Was Your Veterans' Disability Claim Denied or Underrated?
If you applied for veterans’ disability benefits and your claim was denied or your disability was assigned a low rating, you have done a wise thing by exploring this website and considering asking a lawyer to handle your appeal. Daisley Law Offices, P.C., has stood by many North and South Carolina veterans whose injuries and illnesses began during the course of their military service.
Many of our clients are able to work — but live with disabilities which impact their overall quality of life, including their ability to earn a living at full capacity in many cases. Daisley Law Offices, P.C., has succeeded in many appeals after denial or underrating resulted in lower benefit payments than our clients were entitled to.
- To overcome a denied or underrated disability claim, working with an attorney is a valuable first step. If we represent you, our work together will most likely include some of the following steps:
- We will work with experts such as medical specialists and vocational experts who may strengthen your case.
- We will examine official records in your VA file to help determine when key events took place, if your records contain relevant clues such as a record of an accident or reports you made to a doctor of an illness — and to help determine what your disability rating should be. (Sometimes the VA denies that any illness or disability existed during deployment — and we often succeed in proving otherwise.)
- We may find evidence of an event during which you may have experienced a traumatic brain injury or which triggered your post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- We will gather any evidence that shows you are unable to work or underemployed because of your disability.
Once we have prepared a strong case in defense of your denied or underrated disability claim, we will also help prepare you for questions that you can expect during an appeals hearing.
Our job as your legal advocate through the appeals process is to protect you and represent you to the best of our ability. Your job is to work with us, with your doctors and with any other experts such as vocational specialists who will give input on your disabling condition and your employability in general.
Pursue the Disability Benefits You Need and Deserve
We are prepared to advise you on the most likely routes to a successful veterans’ disability benefit claim or appeal. Our goal is to help you receive all benefits that you deserve. Note: We also handle SSD appeals for clients who cannot work for a year or more.